Growth Mastermind Groups
Breaking 6 Figures
Ready to figure out a better way to do business in our new normal? Work with fellow business owners to find your best path forward. Get it done and have some fun and support along the way!
Groups meet virtually online at pre-scheduled times over a six-month period. New groups forming regularly. Results require action.
Who Should Join a Breaking 6 Figures Growth Mastermind Group?
ese groups are specifically designed for small business owners who have made solid progress in establishing their businesses, are typically billing in the mid-5-figure range annually, and who want to grow into solid, 6-figure-plus companies.
Should YOU join? Ask yourself:
- Am I ready to grow my company into a solid business with over $100,000 in annual sales?
- Am I tired of trying to figure out on my own how to get more customers and more sales so I can grow?
- Am I choosing to dedicate six months to grow my business, no excuses?
- Is now the time for me to concentrate on transforming my business so I am ready for growth during our new normal, whatever that turns out to be?
- Can I be open to any new ideas the group might propose? For example, am I ready to expand my digital footprint and online product/service delivery, if that is what I decide I need to do?
- Do I like to work in a team environment, where I am helping others and they are helping me?
- Do I need a safe place to brainstorm?
- Am I ready to crush fear and step into accountability?
- Can I handle transformational change?
- Can I listen to constructive feedback from others and not be offended?
- Am I tired of the status quo, working really hard but getting nowhere?
- Will I dedicate 1.5 hours three times a month for the next six months to my virtual, live mastermind group?
- Will I also dedicate time each week to work on my business, not just in it, so I can realize my dream?
If you answered yes to those questions, you are ready for our Breaking 6 Figures Growth Mastermind Group! Congratulations! It is a powerful way to grow your business. You will have support from your group of like-minded business owners, guided by an experienced small business coach and consultant. Now, the details.
What is a Mastermind Group?
A mastermind group, at its simplest, is a meeting of two or more people who share a common purpose, where each person is committed to helping others in the group, including himself or herself, reach that common purpose through brainstorming, accountability, support, education, and sharing of knowledge and resources.
In short, many minds are better than one when you share a common purpose. In our growth groups, the common purpose is breaking 6 figures.
Every member is working to achieve more in the next 12 months than they did in the last 12, and they are dedicating the next six months to building a strong foundation and framework to make it happen. For a more detailed explanation of mastermind groups and reasons to join, please read Top 14 Reasons to Join a Small Business Mastermind Group, Part 1 and Part 2.
With an experienced facilitator and dedicated, open-minded group members, our mastermind groups can guide you to achieve more in less time. You are challenged within a supportive environment.
As a Breaking 6 Figures Growth Mastermind Group member, you:
- Meet 3 times per month, 1.5 hours/meeting, at pre-scheduled times
- Need high-speed internet access (we meet using Zoom)
- Can participate in one optional office hour per month, minimum
- Can access to the Startup to Growth Small Business Vault, an online training and educational videos and resource
- Make a six-month commitment, minimum; group members may restructure after six months and move into a new group
- Will be part of a group with up to 8 members
- Help guide the agenda and focus of meetings
Within the group, you will set goals, prioritize them, and create your Action Plan for the next six months. Then you will create your Action Plan for the next five years. The group challenges the goals you set when they think it is helpful, making sure you are “playing big enough.” They also hold you accountable to achieve your goals, by giving you feedback, brainstorming possible solutions, highlighting resources you might not have thought of, pathways you might not have considered. In addition to support and encouragement, they also give you pushback and ask some hard questions you just might have been avoiding for a while. In other words, your mastermind group functions as your ad hoc advisory board that has your back and your best interests – your success – at heart. And you have theirs. Your facilitator keeps things running smoothly throughout the process, and brings in additional resources and information. The group decides together if they want to invite guest speakers to give a presentation, and possible topics.
In each meeting, one or two members will be in the “Hot Seat,” which rotates on a regular basis throughout the members during your time together. When you’re in the Hot Seat, you present the challenge you are facing that is stopping you from successfully launching your business, getting your initial clients and reaching your sales goals. The group listens, asks questions, gives feedback and brainstorms solutions with you. They will challenge your perspective, often make you question your “why,” and encourage you to take a deeper dive into the issue. And that’s a good thing! Sometimes a possible solution is so obvious to others, but it is hidden to ourselves. Then you have time to think over all you have learned, choose what YOU believe are your next best steps, and implement your new plan of action before you are in the Hot Seat again.
Even when you are not in the Hot Seat, you are learning. The act of helping your fellow mastermind members figure out their challenges inevitably leads you to that moment when you think, “Gosh, I need to do something like that, too! Why didn’t I think of that before now?!” In our groups, you are always learning.
Every member also reports in briefly at the beginning of each meeting, telling the group about their wins and challenges since the last meeting, giving updates, asking for advice, and staying on track. These “weigh-in” sessions are shorter than Hot Seat sessions. At the end of each meeting, members set their goals for the next meeting. Those goals become their Action Plan to keep them on track.
Some of the topics we typically focus on are:
- Growth strategies
- Marketing (always a huge topic, covered in a variety of formats)
- Sales (different from marketing, and critical to your success!)
- Pricing and financials
- Management, operations, human resources
- All things digital – websites/content/social media/footprint, etc.
- Online delivery of products and/or services
- Leveraging speaker engagements, authorship, presentations
- Podcasts, videos, online courses
- Process and procedures
- Additional income streams from existing products
- New product development
- Time management – work-life balance, beating “overwhelm”
And there are so many more topics that we can’t list them here. Does it concern your personal or professional development or business growth? If so, it’s fair game.
Your Next Steps
First, we need to meet virtually to make sure we are the right choice for you. Please contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll set up a Zoom meeting, discussing you, your business, and what you want to accomplish over the next six months. If we both decide that we are a good fit to work together, we will ask you to fill out and submit our application. We will then decide which group you will join and you’re on your way! We require a 6-month commitment for our Breaking 6 Figures Growth Mastermind Groups. Prepayment is also required, and we have different payment options.
If you don’t have time to fully commit to a Growth Mastermind group right now, consider joining a virtual PowerUp Your PracticeTM growth group, which meets for 1.5 hours monthly. A separate application is required.
Robin Suomi, MBA, is an experienced small business expert and founder of Startup to Growth. She has assisted thousands of small business owners to start and/or grow their businesses for over 14 years. Working with clients remotely through video meeting platforms, she helps clients answer their technical business planning questions. She also encourages them to dig deeper, dream bigger, and works with them to create their Success Steps. Check out the website for ongoing Small Business Blueprint classes, Mastermind Growth Groups, MEG-Connect and Powerup Your Practice groups, as well as 1-1 small business coaching. We love your questions. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s set up a free consultation.