PowerUp Your Practice (TM)
Small Business Owner Virtual Growth Groups
Groups forming now. Starting April and May 2020. Application required. Groups meet live and online, using a video platform.
PowerUp Your Practice growth groups are designed for you if you are a small business professional who wants to grow and strengthen your practice NOW.
You will work virtually with fellow small business owners across the country. The primary goal of our groups is to help develop YOU, the business practice owner, to be the best you can be in your chosen field!
No excuses. Regardless of what is going on in the world, resolve to make 2020 your best small business year EVER! Wherever you are today, you can be stronger tomorrow.
- Entrepreneurs/small business owners who are serious about GROWING
- We are exploring industry- and interest-specific groups (for example, financial advisors, insurance agents, aging-in-place specialists). If this type of growth group interests you, please indicate that on your application.
- Groups connect monthly, online, for a 1.5-hour live meeting
- Programs include a combination of facilitator-led “hot topic” discussions and speaker presentations – on the subjects chosen by the group
- Meetings are interactive, encouraging lively discussion with and feedback from your fellow group members
- Your facilitator organizes your meetings and maintains your member resource area so everything is easily accessible to you
- We have two tracks: Startup (roughly 1-3 years in practice) and Growth (roughly 4+ years in practice)
- An application and follow-up discussion are required to ensure, once accepted, you are placed in the group that is best for you and your fellow group members
- A 12-month commitment is required
- Payment may be annually, or you may make alternate arrangements
- Speaker topics and facilitator-led discussions will be adjusted to fit your group’s needs, from both group interest and tract perspectives
Sample facilitator-led “hot topic” discussions:
- Building Your Practice is Truly an Inside Job (It’s All About You!)
- Diversifying Your Client Base
- Where Did Your Self-Confidence Suddenly Go? Get Back Here!
- Good Call, Bad Call — How to Remain Optimistic During a Day of Ups and Downs
- How to Navigate Building Your Practice in a Man’s (or Woman’s) World
- Courage?! Lessons from the Wizard of Oz Lion
- Can You Do It All? Is Work-Life Balance Real?
- Imposter Syndrome
- Stress Management – Ways to Prevent, Relieve and Even Leverage Stress
Sample speaker topics:
- Growth strategies
- Effective communication
- Marketing your practice
- The power of a positive mindset
- Conflict management
- Legal and HR topics surrounding running and growing your business
- Financial and management challenges
- Other topics of interest your growth group decides upon!
You will empower yourself and your group members by:
- Building relationships with your member colleagues who have your back
- Learning from each other – through your collective strengths and your collective weaknesses
- Professional development
- Leadership development
- Cross-pollinating ideas with members in different regions of our country
- Being part of an ad hoc advisory team, while often forming lifelong connections
- Mentoring and being mentored – giving and gaining feedback on key areas of practice growth
- Learning. Learning. Learning.
- Expanding your personal network and centers of influence
- Setting SMART and STAAMP ™ Goals. and enlisting accountability partners
- Gaining honest feedback, not “sugar-coated” responses that others think you want to hear
- Accessing our resource area – your facilitator will maintain your resource area, which will include speaker presentations, member bios, contact info, and other resources your group chooses
As you consider joining us, it is also important to know what we are NOT: We are not a lead share group and our purpose is not to sell to each other. While business opportunities may be shared over time and you might choose to enter business transactions with other members, those are secondary or tertiary outcomes. Those types of groups are great and have their purpose…simply not here.
The primary goal of our groups is to help develop YOU, the business practice owner, to be the best you can be in your chosen field! No excuses. Wherever you are today, you can be stronger tomorrow.